I am proud to welcome you to St. Francis de Sales High School, a co-educational Roman Catholic high school located in the Eastside Neighborhood of Chicago.
We are a school where one can truly discover who they are as a human person. Students will learn the Truths of the faith while gaining an exposure to the devotional life of the Church. Students at St. Francis de Sales engage in a rigorous course of study, delving into Theology, Math and the Sciences, and the Humanities. We challenge students at all levels; those who excel, as well as those who may learn differently and need some extra support.
The 2018-2019 school year is off to a great start:
- We have our largest Freshman class in 5 years!
- We’ve made significant curriculum additions in each of the past three years and can now boast of 15 Honors & AP courses.
- I’m also thrilled to introduce our new Dean of Academics, Mr. Phil Siegel. Mr. Siegel received his BA from Northwestern in English and his M.Ed in Education from DePaul. He will assume responsibilities in college advising and direct student support and remediation.
- We are adding a 15 minute advisory period three days per week this year to address pertinent issues for students, such as motivation, school culture and student life.
- A religious community-the Daughters of Mary- will be joining the faculty this year! The sisters will be teaching English and History and working in the Guidance Office and Campus Ministry.
- ...but we’re not stopping there...we’re looking at a new model to ensure our long-term viability. We are in the midst of a feasibility study with our partners and largest funder, Big Shoulders Fund, and the Archdiocese of Chicago to determine the potential for a Work-Study program.
Looking ahead, we are already beginning to celebrate our 80th anniversary in the 2019-2020 school year. Please keep us in your prayers and be assured of our prayers for you. Long live the Pioneers!
Celebrating 80 years of excellence on the Eastside!